When i got these out of the box i thought omg how small are these, they can be any good. But omg how the hell can something so small sound so good. These are amazing and take up no room at all. Well worth getting if space is an issue.
Very good quality images no problems.
I’ve had the av32’s for just about a month now and i can say they are great speakers. 1 set up, (which i’ve had for about 8 years and lasted great), to this 2 monitor set up. From some reviews saying they lacked bass and loads of vidoes saying, 2 monitor set ups need a sub woofer, i have not found this to be the case at all, mine are very bass-y and with films, they’ve been great. I have to say that after reading lots of reviews on monitor set ups, i was slightly disappointed as the sound didn’t blow me away like i expected, but i am no audiophile by any means, and perhaps my expectations were pretty high. Despite this, the sound is still very good and seems to have good low and high end, though perhaps the middle is slightly lacking. I was worried about the glossy finish around the tweeter, but honestly it’s not as sharp as the pictures unless you have them close by the window for reflections, and they have actually become a nice aesthetic to my set up. Overall, i definitely recommend these, for the price they are great, and smaller then i expected too which was a nice surprise. Here are the specifications for the M-Audio AV42 Active Compact Desktop Reference Monitor Speakers:
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- Premium sound reproduction: 4 inch polypropylene-coated woofers produce tight, accurate bass and 1 inch Ferro fluid-cooled silk cone tweeters produce clear, pristine highs
- 20 W per channel amplifier and opt Image IV tweeter wave guides for superior, punchy sound reproduction and uncompromised sonic imaging
- Versatile, conveniently located RCA inputs for seamless connection to gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers and more
- Front-panel 1/8 inch stereo auxiliary input for connecting your laptop, desktop computer, MP3 player or other audio sources with a 1/8 inch output
- Easily-accessible front-panel 1/8 inch headphone output for private listening; acoustically inert MDF cabinet with bass reflex design for deep, rich sound, wrapped in an elegant black vinyl laminate finish
- Note: The AV32 and AV42 speakers feature built-in thermal protection that can help to prevent permanent damage from occurring in the event the speakers are overloaded. When the signal level is too high for the speakers to sustain, the audio will be interrupted, or the speakers may shut down temporarily. Turn the power switch on the rear of the speakers to the OFF position, wait 2 minutes, and turn the speakers back ON. Reduce the signal level by A) turning the volume knob on the front of the speaker down or B) turn the volume down on the external audio source (i.e. your iPhone).
Great sound, poor quality control. Great speakers for this price, well defined treble and mid with a nice powerful bass. Unfortunately, they would not power on after 4-5 days of use. Very dissapointed in m-audio.
Great pair of speakers for beginners.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Affordable and loud
- Very good gaming speakers and simple set up.
- possibly the best sound I’ve had from PC speakers I’ve
Quality speakers at value price.
For the price i’d say they were a steel. I love these speakers, they sound amazing. The bass is brilliant if you’re worried about not having a sub, it feels really full and solid for such small speakers.
Really good quality product, would recommend.
10/10, best speakers for the money. Amazingthese monitors changed my life. I hear sounds i have never heard before while listening through earphones or headphones.
At first they sound really flat and unimpressive, but after you burn in on high volume for a few days, the sound is really clear, punchy and they even sound basy if you adjust them a little.
Possibly the best sound i’ve had from pc speakers i’ve. Lovely speakers, possibly the best sound i’ve had from pc speakers i’ve owned.
Good sound output and easier to move it around.
Easy to set up and great quality.