Motion tiniest bit off depending on the content. Apps are obviously limited so some form of addition smart device will be essential like amazon fire box. Very happy with puchase though despite crappy supported apps.
Stunning picture quality as you would expect from a top of the range oled tv, amazing colors and true blacks. Ambilight feature transforms the viewing experience and once you’ve seen it, also in conjunction with hue lights, you’ll never want to go back to an ordinary tv. Operating system annoyingly buggy however and produces quite frequent crashes or issues, eg. Keyboard on remote control not working, hue lights not shutting down properly after use, lip sync issues with external devices. Notably, this tv hasn’t received any updates since december – very much unlike the same model in the rest of europe where most of the bugs have already been fixed months ago and access to basic apps such as amazon prime has been added. A real shame and very disappointing that philips is not willing or capable to act any faster in the uk.
I got the 65 inch version of this on prime day for an amazing price. Even at that price, i am not sure whether i will keep this tv. Pros:incredible picture qualityambilight is a really cool and somewhat addictive featuresound is not great, but not bad out of the boxplenty of connections (hdmi, usb, etc)androidtv is better and faster than i’d have thoughtnetflix button on the remote :)consandroid tv is not always reliable and missing some apps that firetv has (e. All4)recently netflix just did not work and no error message whatsoever was givenunable to jump straight to the android tv screen and instead the regular tv is loaded. Since i am not connected to an antenna or cable, this is uselessreturn is already scheduled for next week, i might change my mind last minute, but will probably wait for a better tv on black friday.
It takes time to load android and not most apps are available in app store. Also some it keep poping up with the message i need to turn off tv to flush out apps and also some times apps crashes i. E netflix and youtube with message ‘unfortunately, tv system ui has stopped’. Apart from this tv has great colors and screen sharpness.
Pros :love this tv its looks amazing and picture quality is stunning , loving the ambilightcons: bo software update since 2017 in ukno amazon prime , no dolby atmos with netflix, cant connect my philips hue bulbs with amblight because when i turn tv off the hue lights iv connected to ambilight stay on, even if i turn them off through hue app the come back on seconds later so had to disconnect them from ambilightcome on philips please give us a software update.
In my opinion this is one of the best tvs you can get. The picture quality is stunning. Truly amazing colours, brightness and contrast. Hdr works wonders and you will be surprised how good a tv picture can be. Do not be afraid of a display burn in. I must admit that in my case this sadly happened (bad luck – but i got my tv from other source than amazon) but the service guy picked up my tv the next day and a few days later i got my tv with completely new display and since then nothing wrong happened. Philips gives you two years guarantee so if anything can go wrong it will do so within the guarantee period. 3 ambilight – this is a wonderful feature that extends the screen over the wall behind the tv.
Here are the specifications for the Philips 55POS9002/05 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD OLED TV:
- Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
- Ultra HD Premium certified with an OLED display. Experience deeper blacks and impressive colours in stunning 4K Ultra HD resolution.
- Philips P5 picture quality engine digitally optimises everything you view by a state-of-the-art algorithm. Enjoy deep blacks and bright whites, brilliant colours and natural, lifelike skin tones.
- Ambilight three sided makes your viewing experience more immersive by emitting a wide glow from three sides of your TV screen onto the wall. Colour and excitement move beyond the screen.
- Automate your lighting experience with Philips Hue and control your lights from home or away – never come home to a dark house; you can also voice control Philips Hue lights with Amazon Alexa, Google Home or Apple HomeKit
- Connect to the Hue Bridge and add up to 50 lights; expand your system with up to 12 Hue accessories (sold separately) such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap or Hue Motion Sensor
- Install the LED lights as you would install ordinary bulbs and pair them with the Hue Bridge, which allows you to control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue app
Reviews from purchasers :
- Great TV – falling short however due to lack of updates
- stunning picture quality
- Great picture